Book Now
(02) 9790-1717
Site 658, 2 Aviation Place, Bankstown Airport, Sydney NSW 2200

Frequently Asked Question


How do I start?
The Pegasus Air Services team will help you complete the various application forms required by CASA.

The following information will be required before the first solo flight:

1. A medical certificate provided by the designated aviation medical examiner (DAME)

2. Aviation Reference Number (ARN)


Approximately how long does it take to complete the flight training?
The flight training included in our course package is set based on the regulations of CASA and the average flight time required based on experience.

The training time you need to meet the test standards depends on your personal flight and learning efficiency.

Take the RPL course as an example. If you can guarantee 4-5 hours of flying a week, the expected time to complete RPL is about 10 weeks. If you can only guarantee 2 hours of flying a week, it may take about 20 weeks to complete.


Do I need to pay the full amount in advance?

Students can pay at the end of each flight. The cost is determined by your flight time and the type of aircraft selected on that day.

Of course, you can also choose to pay the course package fee at one time, and there will be corresponding discounts according to the different course packages you choose.


How can I start learning to fly?
The best way is to start by booking a 1-hour experience flight (TIF). You can book TIF on any day of the week. Pegasus Air Services regularly holds open days to show everyone what is it like to be a pilot and everything about the aviation career. Not only can you enjoy a free outdoor barbecue, but you also have the opportunity to meet your future instructors.

Group 834 (1)

Do I need to study and learn any theory?

When conducting the private pilot license (PPL) training, there will be four exams, including solo flight pre-examination, regional solo flight pre-examination, aviation basic theory examination and PPL examination. Students can study on their own or choose to participate in theoretical courses offered by the college.


Can I learn to fly if I am not good at English?


As long as you are able to use English for daily communication, you should be fine. We have flight instructors from all around the world, they can speak English, Chinese, Cantonese, Japanese and French. They will be able to instruct and guide you from the beginning. You can choose to start learning with Chinese first and when you are familiar with the principles, then we can slowly introduce the common English vocabulary in aviation, so as to alleviate the obstacles caused by second language learning. This is also one of the goals and missions of our flying school – to help students whose native language is not English to learn to fly better and pass the exam and get a license.


Can I learn to fly if I need to wear glasses?

It is clearly stated on CASA’s website that there is no standard vision indicator for non-commercial pilots. As long as the corrected vision can pass the aviation medical examination, you will be able to fly.


What kind of aircraft can I fly with my pilot licence?

Currently, the mainstream models for flying schools in the world are Cessna, which is popular in the United States; Piper, which is popular in Australia; and Diamond, which is popular in China. The cost of the above fleet type is from low to high. Choosing the most mainstream model in a country for learning is the wisest in terms of learning practicability and cost control. Our training fleet model is mainly Piper. And upon completion of the course, students can then fly aircraft like the Warriors and Archer. If students want to fly a Diamond, they will need to do 5-10 hours of new model training.


Are fixed-wing aircraft and helicopter licence convertible?

No, they are not convertible.

Fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters are completely two different types of aircraft. Not only are the pilot licences, but different training schools also have different teaching qualifications. In addition, the helicopter licence is far less popular than the fixed-wing licence because of the following:

1. the price of helicopter licence training is very expensive, almost equal to double the price of a fixed-wing licence

2. the safety of helicopters is not as high as that of fixed-wing aircraft

3. the limited flying height of a helicopter results in a large limit on the flying distance, that is to say, it does not fly far compared to a fixed-wing aircraft.


Can I continue my previous study if I stopped before?


When you start a course, all your lessons and learning content will be recorded in your personal flight log book. If your study is interrupted during this period, when you come back to continue your study, you may inevitably spend more time to familiarize yourself with the aircraft again, but all the lessons you have flown before are permanently valid.


Is there a requirement for the age when learning to fly?

Australia has no restrictions on the age for learning airplanes, but it has clear requirements for the age for obtaining a flight licence. You can apply for the RPL test if you are over 16 years old, and you can apply for the PPL test if you are over 17 years old. Children can start learning to fly about 1 year in advance, and they can directly apply for the license exam if they meet the age requirements.

More Post